A credit union is a non-profit financial institution that is owned by its members. That means a credit union exists only to do what’s right for you, the member/owner—not to earn a profit.
Why do you care? Because it means:
• Lower loan rates
• Higher savings rates
• Lower or even no fees for many services
• Friendly staff and personal service
• You get to vote to elect the Board of Directors
Complete a membership card and make a deposit of $25.00 into a regular Savings Account, or you may join by starting payroll deduction so an amount can be automatically deposited each payday into your account if you work for a member company .
Joining the credit union allows you one share in CPM Federal and this balance must be maintained to keep your membership. Even if your employment changes, or you retire, you can still retain your membership because CPM Federal holds the philosophy of "Once a member, always a member."
Five ways you can join CPM Federal
1. Work for a qualified member company.
2. Live, work, worship, attend school in Orangeburg or Calhoun County
3. Live, work, worship, attend school or volunteer in an approved area in Charleston County.
4. Be a member of the SC Firefighters' Association
5. Be an immediate family member of a CPM Federal member or live in the household. Immediate family includes: spouse, parent, grandparent, siblings, and children.
NOTICE: The Patriot Act of 2001 obligates all persons seeking to open an account to fully comply with the identity verification requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act, as amended from time to time.
By clicking "Continue to Website" below you are acknowledging that you understand the above information, and that you do not hold CPM Federal responsible for any information located on third party websites.